New Pup only recommends products that we’ve tested, or significantly researched . This page contains affiliate links, that at no additional cost to you, may earn a small commission for the site. Find out more here.
Best Dog Blankets
- Top Pick: Furrybaby Fluffy Fleece Dog Blanket
- Second best: PetFusion Premium Pet Blanket
- Third best: PiuPet® Self Heating Dog Blanket
- Recommended: Nobleza Dog Blankets
- Recommended: Pawsse Waterproof Dog Blanket
- Recommended: Crumbleberry Personalised Dog Blanket
- Recommended: HE&HA PET Outdoor Dog Blankets
Comparing the Best Dog Blankets
In Depth Reviews of Our Recommended Blankets
Furrybaby Fluffy Fleece Dog Blanket review
- Best fleece blanket
- High-quality, soft fleece
- Cosy and comfortable
If you’re looking for the best fleece dog blanket, you should definitely consider the Furrybaby Premium Fluffy Fleece Dog Blanket, Soft and Warm Pet Throw for Dogs & Cats. This blanket is made from high-quality, thick, soft fleece to ensure your dog is as cosy as possible. Available in a range of sizes and colours, you can find something perfect for your pup.
I found this blanket was very soft and my dogs seemed to find it comfortable. I liked that it was machine washable for easy cleaning. You can use it as a throw to protect your furniture from dog hair and dirt, or as a blanket for your pup’s bed.
- Most owners stated this blanket was very soft and comfortable for their dog
- Many said their dogs absolutely loved this blanket and would choose it as a spot to snooze
- Owners said this blanket was high-quality and thick, making it great value
- Some said they were so impressed with the blanket that they bought more for around the home and recommended it to loved ones
- Owners said this blanket washed and dried well, and they appreciated it could be put in the washing machine
- Some found the blanket wasn’t as thick and luxurious as they had hoped
- Some owners found this blanket wasn’t as high-quality as expected
- Some owners found the blanket became thinner and less soft after washing
- Some found the sizing misleading and ended up with a blanket that was too small
- Some stated the blanket was too expensive and wasn’t good value
PetFusion Premium Pet Blanket review
- Best microfibre blanket
- 100% polyester micro plush
- Reversible for colour choice
The PetFusion Premium Pet Blanket, Multiple Sizes for Dogs & Cats is 1 of the best microfibre dog blankets, made from high quality, 100% polyester micro plush. It’s shed resistant and can be put in the washing machine, making cleaning a breeze. This blanket is reversible, with 1 light side and 1 dark side, allowing you to choose what suits your mood.
This blanket is available in a range of sizes to suit all breeds and you can even choose from 2 stylish colours. I found this blanket was exceptionally soft for my dogs and felt it was well made.
- Many owners said they loved this blanket, stating it was high-quality and with some saying it was the best dog blanket they’d purchased
- Some said the blanket didn’t attract dirt, hair, dust or hold onto odour as with other blankets they owned
- Many said the blanket washed well and was easy to remove hair from
- Owners generally felt the blanket was well made and durable, even with mischievous dogs
- Some said they liked the reversible element, feeling it was stylish and practical
- Most owners said this blanket was very soft, cosy, and comfortable for their pup
- Blanket is not particularly thick, with some owners feeling it was too thin for their dog
- Some felt this blanket wasn’t as high-quality as they expected
- Not designed to stand up to tough chewing, with some owners finding their dog could chew and rip this blanket when left unsupervised
- Some stated this blanket wasn’t good value, in particular mentioning they didn’t think it was well made
PiuPet® Self Heating Dog Blanket review
- Best self-warming blanket
- Stores your dog’s heat
- Soft and comfortable
If you’re on the lookout for the best self-warming dog blanket, the PiuPet® Self Heating Blanket for Dogs & Cats is a great choice. This blanket has a non-slip bottom and a Sherpa wool cover to provide your pup with a luxury sleeping surface. It’s designed to store the heat of your dog, keeping them very warm and cosy.
It’s available in 2 sizes so you can find something big enough for your pooch. I found this blanket kept my chihuahua (who adores being warm) very cosy and she seemed to love it. It’s even machine washable for convenience.
- Many owners said their pet loved this self-heating blanket and found it very comfortable
- Owners generally felt it helped to keep their dog warm, even in cold weather
- Easy to wash, with owners feeling it was fairly durable and wore well
- Owners of pets who are older, in particular, said this blanket helped their pet to relax and created a cosy space to sleep
- Most owners felt this blanket was high-quality and were pleased with their purchase
- Inner, self-warming layer can crinkle when pets move around on the blanket, which some pets found off-putting
- Some felt this blanket wasn’t as high-quality as expected and therefore, they felt it wasn’t worth the price
- Some found the blanket didn’t warm their pet as much as they hoped
- Some felt the blanket wasn’t well made or very durable
Nobleza Dog Blankets review
- Best blanket set
- 6 blankets in a pack
- Soft and durable
If you have a multi-dog household like me, or you simply want to ensure your dog has a blanket everywhere they go, you might want the best dog blanket set. The Nobleza – 6 x Dog Blanket is excellent value, providing 6 blankets in a pack. Polyester fabric is soft yet durable, as well as being machine washable.
I felt this blanket set was great value for my 3 dogs. I loved the little pawprint design which I felt was very cute. You can choose from a range of sizes and colours to find the perfect fit for your dog.
- People with multi-dog households or breeders with litters of puppies found this blanket set particularly useful and affordable
- Many said these blankets were very soft and they felt they were comfortable for their dog
- Owners stated these blankets were easy to wash and dry and wore well
- Owners generally felt these blankets were great value given how many you get in a pack and the affordable price
- Most owners were happy with their purchase, in particular, those with puppies or small dogs
- Blankets are fairly small, with some owners feeling they were too small for their dog
- Some found these blankets were too thin and weren’t happy with their purchase
- Not designed to stand up to chewing, with some owners finding their dog could chew up these blankets
- Some felt these blankets weren’t good quality and therefore, weren’t good value
Pawsse Waterproof Dog Blanket review
- Best waterproof blanket
- Water layer between 2 soft layers
- Machine washable
The Pawsse Waterproof Dog Blanket is 1 of the best waterproof dog blankets, with a waterproof layer sandwiched between 1 micro-fleece side and 1 cotton side. It’s designed to keep your furniture clean and dry, while ensuring your dog is comfy. Whether your dog is prone to accidents due to their health, or they’re not yet toilet trained, this blanket is a great help.
It’s available in a range of sizes and colours to suit your needs. It’s machine washable, making it easy to clean if your pup does have an accident. I found this blanket was very soft and liked that the waterproof layer was hidden, making it more comfortable for my dog.
- Most owners found that this blanket was highly waterproof and were very pleased with their purchase
- Many said this blanket wore well, with some stating they had owned it for a year or more and it was still in good condition
- Most owners felt this blanket was high-quality and worth the investment
- Owners generally felt this blanket was soft and comfortable for their dog
- Most owners found this blanket washed well, even over time with regular washing
- Many found this blanket protected their furniture and bed from accidents, which was particularly useful for those with puppies, elderly dogs, or those who were not yet toilet trained
- Some found that the blanket sheds which they found frustrating
- Some stated the blanket wasn’t waterproof, experiencing leakage after their pet had an accident
- Some found the blanket was hard to wash and dry, in particular stating it was large, bulky, and somewhat difficult to get clean
- Some owners felt the blanket wasn’t as high quality as they expected
Crumbleberry Personalised Dog Blanket review
- Best personalized blanket
- Pet’s name embroidered
- Soft, fleece fabric
If you want something extra special, you could opt for the best personalized dog blanket. The Crumbleberry Personalised Pet Blanket provides comfort and style. It’s made from soft, fleece fabric and can be personalized with your dog’s name.
It’s machine washable and designed to be durable. I loved that this blanket had a cute pawprint embroidered under my pup’s name. I felt it was comfortable for my dog and was adorable to look at.
- Owners loved that the blanket was personalized with their dog’s name, feeling it was very special and cute
- Owners generally felt this blanket looked smart and stylish in their home
- Many owners felt this product was high-quality, in particular mentioning the good quality stitching in the embroidery
- Many said they felt this blanket was soft and cosy, making it very comfortable for their dog
- Many said this blanket made a great gift for loved ones with pets
- Some owners found this blanket was too thin and weren’t happy with their purchase
- Some felt the blanket wasn’t as soft as they expected
- Some stated this blanket wasn’t high-quality or good value
- Not designed for chewing, with some owners finding their dog could chew through the blanket
HE&HA PET Outdoor Dog Blankets review
- Best outdoor blanket
- Waterproof side with soft layer on top
- Carry bag for portability
If you go on lots of outdoor adventures with your dog, you might be searching for the best outdoor dog blanket. The HE&HA PET Outdoor Dog Blanket is a great option, with a durable water repellent fabric layer, topped with soft, Sherpa layer. This blanket is designed to keep your pup dry and cosy, no matter where they’re taking a nap!
It’s machine washable with cold water if it gets dirty on your travels. I loved that this blanket came with a carry back to fold it up into. I felt it was very practical and loved that it gave my dogs a dry place to lie on long hiking days.
- Owners generally found this blanket very waterproof, stating it protecting their furniture when their dog was wet or provided a dry place for their dog to lie when outdoors
- Owners found this useful on long days out hiking or when camping, giving their dog somewhere comfortable to rest
- Many appreciated the carry bag, stating it was very convenient and the blanket was easy to pack and unpack
- Many felt this blanket was generally high-quality and well made
- Several stated the blanket was a good size, being large enough for even their large breeds to lie stretched out comfortably
- Some stated this blanket washed well over time and remained waterproof
- Some found this blanket wasn’t as waterproof as expected, stating liquid could get through to the other side
- Some felt this blanket wasn’t as durable or high-quality as they expected
- Some stated the blanket was smaller than they expected and was too small for their dog
- Waterproof bottom can make the blanket slide around slightly when the dog is moving, depending on the surface it’s used on
Dog Blanket Buyer’s Guide
Things to Look for in a Dog Blanket
It’s a good idea to keep the following in mind when you’re looking for the best dog blanket:
Choosing a blanket made from high-quality materials will ensure your dog is as comfortable and cosy as possible. It also means the blanket is more likely to be durable and wear well.
If your pet is a chewer, look for materials that are robust and aren’t easy to rip. Some blankets may state that they’re double stitched around the outside, or emphasise that they’re chew resistant.
Ease of Cleaning
Dogs attract dirt, hair, and mud to their sleeping area, so choosing a blanket that’s easy to clean will make your life easier. Most blankets will be machine washable.
Correct Size for Your Dog
Getting the right sized blanket for your dog is typically easy. A blanket that’s too big doesn’t really matter, but 1 that’s too small may mean your dog can’t stretch out comfortably. If in doubt, size up!
Some blankets will have additional features, such as being self-warming, including a water-resistant layer, or even being chew resistant. Look for these features if you feel they would be useful for your pup.
Some people prefer a blanket of a certain colour or type of material to match their décor. With so many blankets on offer, you should be able to find something that suits your style.
Benefits of Giving Your Dog a Blanket
There are plenty of benefits to giving your dog a blanket. Adding a blanket to their bed can make them feel even more comfortable, giving them a soft, cosy space to relax in. This can improve their sleep and allow them to unwind fully.
A blanket can help to keep your pup warm in cold weather. This is especially useful for dogs who are small, thin, or older, as they might have a hard time regulating their body temperature. Some dogs, like my chihuahua, love to burrow under a blanket to keep warm and feel as though they’re in a cosy den.
Blankets can also help to keep your furniture clean and free of dog hair. They can be useful in the car to keep your seats clean and help your dog feel more at ease. They can even provide a sense of security, in a similar way to a child’s safety blanket.
Dog Blanket FAQ
Should dogs have blankets?
Yes, all dogs can benefit from a blanket to add to their bed and create a cosy nest.
As owners, we want our dogs to have the best and be as comfortable as possible. Giving your dog a cosy blanket can add to their comfort, allowing them to snooze in luxury.